Alumni Affairs has embraced Linkedin as our vibrant web-based networking platform to connect students with alumni, and alumni with each other. You are invited to join two vibrant W&L communities on Linkedin.
1) The newly launched Get Connected: The W&L Student & Alumni Career Network Group is where you can provide advice to undergraduate students who are exploring their career options. We will be adding more students in the coming weeks. The W&L network will be strengthened when they initiate alumni conversations, and you will have an easy method to provide feedback. Your supportive and candid advice helps today’s students gain confidence. Your stories will illustrate that there are many paths to success, and surprises along the way.
2) The existing 3,800 member Washington and Lee University Alumni Group is where alumni and W&L seniors network with each other professionally about industry trends. It is the place to post job and internship opportunities for fellow alumni.
A. For alumni who are current users of Linkedin
1. Click here
2. Log-in to Linkedin
3. Select "Join Group" Get Connected: The W&L Student & Alumni Career Network Group and/or the Washington and Lee University Alumni Group.
B. For alumni who are not current users of Linkedin
1. Visit www.linkedin.com
2. Enter in your profile the details about your career/background. With this new platform you can include your career history as well as advanced degrees and certifications.
3. After you have created your profile, search for the, Washington and Lee University Alumni Group, or the Get Connected: The W&L Student & Alumni Career Network and click on "Join Group."
The process is quite easy, but if you need assistance Ryan Catherwood in Alumni Affairs (email@example.com) is ready to help. Note: To insure these groups are exclusively a W&L student, alumni (and faculty/staff) resource, Alumni Affairs staff will verify alumni/student status and activate your access to the group within 24 hours.
Thank you again for your ongoing support of these career services initiatives. We look forward to further collaborations in the months ahead.